Things I Learned in Las Vegas:
1) It’s not unusual to sit in Starbucks and watch people walk by at 9am with huge bottles of Corona. You go, crazy overweight tourist with the Corona, it’s Vegas baby!
2) You can walk further, often winding through two separate casinos, to get to a monorail stop on the strip, than you would have if you would have just walked to your destination.
3) You can drink while shopping in the mall.
4) Doubling your money at the blackjack table makes you feel really good. Doubling it five times makes you think you’re the man.
5) You’re not the man. Not even close.
6) It’s really hard to find ten-dollar tables on the strip.
7) The little dudes trying to give you the picture cards for strippers and escorts on the street get annoying really fast. I did wonder how cool it would be if they made these cards as collector sets.
8) If the pirate show at Treasure Island is starting, get to the other side of the street. That crowd of slack jawed freaks will not move – even after the show is over.
9) The view from the Ghost Bar at the Palms is better than you imagine it. Especially after two of the biggest glasses of Glenlivet you’ve ever seen.
10) Everything is open in Las Vegas, even on Thanksgiving.
Back to our regular scheduled program tomorrow. I’m sorry, but I didn’t think about mini-comics or any kind of comics while I was away.